Here are some common questions that a DUI lawyer will want to know about what happened before coming in contact with the police department.
- Briefly describe your activities during the 12 hours before arrest (e.g., working, traveling).
- When did you start your drinking on the day of your arrest? When did it end?
- Who were you drinking with? Will he or she testify on your behalf as to your sobriety?
- How many and what types of drinks did you have?
- Did you have anything to eat?
- Describe your condition after the last drink?
- What was the route traveled between the place of your last drink and the police stop? How many miles did you travel and how much time elapsed?
- Was the car in good working order?
- Were you alone or were there any passengers in the vehicle? What are their names? How would the passenger or passengers testify with regard to your level of intoxication and as to your driving?