Michigan Drunk Driving: Employment & Education Consequences
If you've been convicted of a Michigan drunk driving offense, there could be major ramifications for your employment, various licensing and/or higher education.
- Licensed brokers under federal and state law could lose their ability to be a brokers
- When you fill out a job application, you must check the yes box for convictions
- You may need to disclose your conviction to Human Resources, which could lead to employment termination
- You could lose a company car, and/or the insurance policy, which covers that vehicle
- Inability to rent a car from national chains, which could affect business trips and vacations
- A licensed professional (lawyer, doctor, dentist etc) may have their license suspended or revoked.
- Applicants for the above mentioned professional licenses may have their application denied or delayed
- You may be denied a concealed weapons permit, which could put a job in jeopardy, which requires ability to carry a weapon
- A commercial driver's license could be suspended or revoked, which could affect employment.
- You may lose your employee sponsored health and/or life insurance policy, which could leave your family and loved ones without coverage
- You may be denied security clearance, which may cost your job with that employer
- Military career may be terminated or limited due to a DUI conviction
- You may be denied admission to college or professional schools (law school, business school, nursing, medical school etc)
- A teacher may lose his/her job because of a DUI conviction
- A pilot could have their license suspended or revoked due to a conviction.
- You may be denied the ability to work as a bartender or waitress
- If you are a member of a union, you may be terminated if you do not report your conviction.
- All CPA's must report DUI convictions under the Sarbarnes-Oxley Act.
- Scholarship athletes could lose their scholarship and be kicked out of school for DUI convictions
- Celebrities and entertainers could have contracts terminated based on DUI convictions.
Call Me: 248-924-9458