Novi Michigan Drunk Driving Lawyer - FAQ Series
Q. If the judge sets a bond in my case, how do I pay? A judge can set a personal recognizance bond, which means you simply promise to return to court, but don't post any money. A judge may also set a cash or surety bond, which means you will need to post this amount to be released during the pendency of your case. If the judge sets a 10 percent provision, it means you only need to actually post 10 percent of the amount set, and the other 90 percent will be owed to the court if you do not show-up. It is always best to bring someone to post bond for you, because some courts will not allow a defendant to post their own bond.